Unlike incubators such as Y Combinator and TechStars, we don’t work with 50 or 60 startups every 90 days, hoping upon hope that one or two will succeed. We only do a few, select deals per year. We then spend an enormous amount of time and energy working with you, the founder, to teach you exactly how to grow your business successfully. It is this hands on approach that makes us different from any other source of capital you may have access to.
Our “Boutique” Approach
Every business, like every human, is unique. There is no “one size fits all” program that will guarantee your success. But based on our years of experience as entrepreneurs and that of other mentors we will introduce you to, you will learn how to create and manage the systems that will grow your business profitability. We call it Mentor Capital and we feel it is the best way to help you and us reach our goals.
What Exactly is a Business?
A business is really a simple thing. It is comprised of two basic functions. Making promises and keeping them.
Does this seem too basic?
Consider this. Marketing and Sales is nothing more than making a promise to a client. Keeping the promise becomes operations. To make it more complicated than this takes you away from the essence of what your business is all about.
Your client has a need or a want (often not at all what we think it is) that you make a promise to fulfill with your sales brochure, website or conversation. Then, through “operations”, your business keeps the promise to your client in way that will encourage her to return again and again. Promise made, promise kept.
The trick is to do this over and over again in a predictable, profitable, stress-free way.
Working On Your Business.
When you work with Seed Charleston, you will learn how to craft an amazing promise and develop systems to ensure the promises your company makes to your clients are kept on time, every time. We don’t have any interest in working in your business…but we are happy to teach you how to work on your business to make it amazing, remarkable, and thus, successful.
What You Get When You Work With Us
In addition to the capital your business needs to get started or to grow, you will learn…
- How to craft and tell a remarkable story that attracts the right kind of client (and employees) to your venture.
- How to discover the quickest path to getting your first client or expanding your client list.
- How to eliminate frustrations for your clients, your staff and yourself.
- How to create and grow an amazing business while still having a life worth living.
- How to set up your accounting so that you can actually tell what is happening in your business financially.
- How to hire regular people but get above average results from them.
- How to use technology to grow your business without having to hire more people.
- How to eliminate most fixed costs in order to become an agile variable cost business
- How to make the tough choices you will need to make by surrounding yourself with smart people that care about you and your success.
- How to turn a market “weakness” into a market strength.
If this is the type of wisdom and knowledge you would like to have on your side, then consider applying to our program today.